About the "Stardust for Peace"
“We Are Stardust. We are Golden.”
The hit song “Woodstock” immortalized the greatest music festival of all time with the lyrics “...I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm, gonna join in a rock and roll band... we are stardust, we are golden.”
To honor the iconic festival and keep the spirit alive today, Peace of Stage, LLC - has launched our second Stardust for Peace campaign to raise awareness and support for causes that reflect both the zeitgeist of the times and resonate with today’s generations.
Through the campaign, Peace of Stage will sell Stardust, collectible small glass bottles of sawdust created from the stage flooring for $24.99 each. Every bottle sold will benefit each of the charities with a $7.50 contribution.
Current Charities Supported by the Stardust for Peace Campaign
World Central Kitchen - https://wck.org/
- World Central Kitchen (WCK) uses the power of food to nourish communities and strengthen economies in times of crisis and beyond. World Central Kitchen is a team of food first responders, mobilizing with the urgency of now to get meals to those who need them most. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we've activated thousands of restaurants and kitchens to feed marginalized and vulnerable communities and our brave medical professionals on the front lines. WCK’s Restaurants for the People program attacks the growing hunger and economic crises on two fronts by paying local restaurants to cook fresh meals for their neighbors in need—at the same time getting food to hungry people and keeping restaurants and their teams open and working. We know that a nourishing meal in a time of crisis is so much more than a plate of food—it's hope, it's dignity, it's a sign that someone cares about you and that you are not alone. When we work urgently to get fresh meals to people in need, we're sharing so much more than a meal, and that's why we do what we do. Learn more here.
- Peace of Stage has been extremely inspired by the work of the World Central Kitchen, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic as they have safely provided over 35 million meals to communities in need. It reminded us a lot of the work that Wavy Gravy and the Hog Farm Commune did during the 1969 Woodstock Festival. When food became scarce, but the music kept playing, it was up to the Hog Farm, and the surrounding community to support the hundreds of thousands who flocked to Yasgur’s Farm for the most iconic music festival of all time. We truly appreciate the #ChefsforAmerica initiative, and keeping in the Woodstock Spirit, we are excited to be partnered with WCK on our Stardust for Peace Campaign.
JDRF - https://www.jdrf.org/
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our strength lies in our exclusive focus and singular influence on the worldwide effort to end T1D.
Vision: A world without type 1 diabetes
Mission: Accelerating life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications
- While we try to include charities that have a strong connection to the Woodstock Music Festival, we also want to partner with nonprofits who continue to make an impact in the lives of our business and community. Recently, someone close to the Peace of Stage team has been diagnosed with type-1 Diabetes. This battle is just beginning, so it was important for us to include a nonprofit that would benefit the research and advocacy of this disease, and we look no further than the amazing work of JDRF.
Our goal for this campaign is not just to make as much money for these charities as possible, but we also want to be another voice to raise awareness for these causes that are near and dear to our hearts.
Our first Stardust for Peace Campaign was a huge success and we were able to donate over $13,000 in total to these amazing charities. Not only were we able to raise money for these amazing causes, but we have been able to spread their messages to our customers, followers, and friends. Learn more about these charities in the links below.
- Orange Ribbons for Jaime (https://orangeribbonsforjaime.org/)
- Feed the Children (http://www.feedthechildren.org/about/)
- WhyHunger (https://whyhunger.org/)
- The JED Foundation (https://www.jedfoundation.org/)
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (http://www.vvmf.org/)